NC General Statute 20-28 (A1) Driving While License Revoked For Impaired Driving

Any person whose driver’s license has been revoked for an impaired driving revocation as defined in G.S. 20-28.2(a) and who drives any motor vehicle upon the highways of the State is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. Upon conviction the person’s license shall be revoked for an additional period for one year for the first offense, two years for the second offense, and permanently for a third or subsequent offense.

If the person’s license was originally revoked for an impaired driving revocation , the Court may order as a condition of probation that the offender abstain from alcohol consumption and verify compliance by the use of a continuous alcohol monitoring system, of a type approved by the Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice of the Department of Public Safety, for a minimum of 90 days.

The restoree of a revoked driver’s license who operates a motor vehicle upon the highways of the State without maintaining financial responsibility as provided by law shall be punished as for driving without a license.

How the McGee Law Firm Can Help

An arrest for driving with a revoked license due to an impaired driving conviction can be very costly to your future. When you’ve gotten to this point, you’re teetering on jail time, depending on your record. You’re digging a hole when it comes to being re-licensed. In this type of situation, you’re going need experienced counsel to help you mitigate the damage.

Get A Free Consultation

Jimmy McGee handles all type of traffic violations in New Hanover County, Brunswick County and Pender County, North Carolina. The McGee Law Firm was established in 2003.

If you have been issued a ticket in one of these counties, contact the McGee Law Firm for a free and confidential consultation. It doesn’t cost anything to better understand what you’re facing and to get peace of mind about your traffic ticket.

To get a free consultation, fill out the contact form, give us a call or if you’re on your mobile phone, shoot the firm a text message.

Get Peace of Mind

Request a Free Consultation